Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Overweight. Developed fat deposit in back and stomach. Is this a kind of tumor?

Hello, I am a 30 year old lawyer weighing about 110 kgs, its been around 3 year since i have developed fat deposits in my back (near my bra line) . Similar fat deposits have also developed in my stomach area . I have not had any such problems earlier. Is this some kind of tumour (carcinogenic),since it is developing in other areas as well?
Asked On : Thu, 10 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  36
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
hello and welcome to HCM

Fat deposits in different parts of body does not indicate a tumor at first instance.
Check your dietary habits and your life style.
The commonest cause of fat deposits in different areas of body is excessive intake of fatty foods and lack of exercise.
You certainly are overweight (could be obese, it can be acertained if you give your height too).
To get rid of the extra fat, you need to exercise and follow a proper dietary plan.
The second possibility of fat deposition is hormonal disorder.
An abnormality of adrenal hormones or thyroid hormones can also lead to weight gain and fat deposition.
I would suggest you to consult an endocrinologist for clinical examination, investigations and management.

Thanks and take care
Dr Shailja P Wahal
Answered: Thu, 10 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor