Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Old aged, had paralytic brain hemorrhage. Taking epilson, vitamins, physiotherapy. How to recover quickly?

My mother, 83 years had a paralytic brain haemorrage 8 months back and got allopathic treatment which is still continuing with Epsilon and vitamins . Her improvements were very fast and encouraging but she still can not walk of her own despite long treatment. She can stand up and does regular physiotherapy . Can walk with some support of nurse. Is there any treatment which can enable her to walk quickly?
Asked On : Thu, 21 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  41
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Neurologist, Surgical 's  Response

It is good to know your mother is making good progress. Once can expect improvement upto a year or year and half following a stroke. There are no proven medications that can speed up the neurological recovery though some drugs like Citicolline can be tried. The remaining normal brain surrounding the stroked areas need to take up the function of the affected part and this is easier if the patient is younger and the "brain plasticity" is better.

Hope this helps.
Answered: Thu, 21 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor