Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
186 Doctors are Online

Numbness in upper front part of leg, swelling in right groin, tenderness in lower belly. Any ideas?

hi my sister is 52 she is complaining of right upper front of leg numbness like dental freezing feeling 2 week duration after 1 hour of raking leaves besides this she feels a swelling in right groin and tenderness extending up towards lower belly also notices low back pain , she is going to make doctors appointment next week but in the mean time me the older worrywart sister wonders what is happening any ideas???
Asked On : Wed, 31 Oct 2012
Answers:  3 Views:  140
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi friend
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Swelling and tenderness suggest inflammation of the area - may be cellulitis; may be lymph nodes? the area of drainage extends up to the umbilicus. Is there a swelling or only a feeling?. Is there fever? Any other swelling? Is she a diabetic? ...
Low back is the exit point for lumbar nerves - 1 to 3 - which supply the thigh. Spondylosis can press on the nerve and cause pain
The best solution will be to see a your GP as soon as possible. Physical examination and a few tests will diagnose the problem

Take care
Wishing her speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Answered: Wed, 31 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Inderpreet Singh's  Response
what is the problem ? is it dental or related to leg ? swelling in groin region could be due to a host of factors , more commonly lymph node enlargement.
this question should have been addressed to a genral physician rather than a dentist.
Answered: Wed, 31 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Neha Gupta's  Response
Thanks for posting your query.

Your sister most probably suffering from intervertebral disc bulge which might causes pressure over nerve roots.

I suggest you to consult an orthopaedician nearby for a detailed examination. You may get the X-ray / MRI of the area affected under his/her guidance to diagnose the condition.

Answered: Wed, 31 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor