• question-icon

Numbness and tingling on the tongue, face, leg and arm on the left side. Greenish bruise on the left arm. What could be the reason?

I have dull numbness and tingling on my left side. My tongue , face, leg, arm , the entire left side. It has been going on for 3 years, and is constant. The other day my left arm got especially weak, tingly, and shaky. I looked down at my hand , and there was a rectangle about 2in by 3in on my hand that was a yellowish/green color. I went to urgent care, and he didn t know what it was. I should also note that I was diagnosed with a typical migraines when the symptoms started. I don t get any headaches, I just get the unilateral numbness and tingling. The Neuro doctor that I saw, said it should go away within a few weeks, or a couple months. It s been three years now, and with this extra symptom that I had happen the other day, I just want to know what s going on.
Mon, 5 Nov 2012
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response
Your symptoms of dull numbness, tingling on left side with migranous headaches and weakness suggests you are having hemiplegic type of migraine that occurs due to extensive spasm of blood vessels supplying the motor (muscle) part of the brain. Some people get vague smells, or severe nausea with photophobia as well.
I am not sure what the skin problem was as your description is inadequate, and may be unrelated.
I would suggest discussing with your Neurologist in detail on this type of migraine, and review your medications.
Thanks.