Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

Not able to hear due to water getting into the ear. Brownish discharge from the ear. Need to go to the doctor?

well i had took a shower and water got in my ear and i counld hear nothing and then maybe 3 weeks passt and it pop the water out on its own now my ear out of no ear i cant hear from it again didnt get water in it this time but now ive been like this for 2 weeks it dont hurt but now i get a discharge sometimes its brown with some orange and then lately its been green and some yellow but it smells im getting scared what is it and should i go to the doctors or can i buy something at the store for it??
Asked On : Wed, 16 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  17
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Dear susanavasquez0229,

Good afternoon,
Apparantly you have developed infection of Middle ear (Medically called CSOM). You will require a course of antibiotics and other symotomatic drugs. The rupture / perforation of tympanic membrane (Ear Drum) might have resulted in hearing loss.
PLEASE do not wait... and consult an ENT surgeon.
First the infection is to be controlled and later on you may require a small operation (called Tympanoplasty) to restore hearing.
PLEASE do not wait... and consult an ENT surgeon.

Hope this answers your query. If you have further doubts, I will be available to help you.
Wish you good health.

Best regards
Answered: Wed, 16 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor