Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Nose bleeds, blood test done, APTT slightly prolonged, thrombin is normal

My Grandson 2 yrs 4 months old has the problem of nose bleeding . I had consulted Dr Arvind Shenoi. He had suggested certain blood tests. The relevent results are the APTT was 40.0 sec while Thrombin time was 17.3 sec. To this Dr Shenoi opined that the APTT is slightly prolonged but Thrombin is normal. He suggested that I should consult you for an opinion. I shall be grateful for a response from you. Reports are also uploaded.Thanks and regards S Mitra mob: 0000
Asked On : Sun, 6 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  98
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
Feb 2018
Consult the hematologist for this .
But to make you aware- there can be a local problem like a scab or an ulcers ( nose-pricking common in this age group), infection or a small vascular malformations etc. TO be confirmed or rule out with endoscopy examination .
Answered: Thu, 27 Mar 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor