Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Nose bleed and ringing in the ear after being hit below the eye. Swollen bruised cheek, numbness in the teeth. What to do?

I got hit just below the right eye 2 days ago playing rugby. The hit was hard enough to make my nose bleed and ring my bell for a few minutes. My nose has contained blood which feels like its coming from my sinus cavity ever since the hit. My cheek Is slightly swollen and bruised but my biggest concern is my 4 numb teeth starting from the middle to the next 3 to the right. Any information is welcome
Asked On : Fri, 25 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  154
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Although these symptoms of numbness of teeth could be because of some compression of nerves but such numbness and bleeding from nose could be because of nasal bone fracture,maxilla fracture or a simple blow out fracture.
Ideally you should consult a ENT specialist and get a CT or MRI of face done o look for any evidence of bony injury.
Treatment would depend upon finding the cause.
Answered: Wed, 10 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor