Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

New born with birth weight above 50th line on growth graph, is well breast fed and has solid foods. How can I increase his weight?

Hi Doctor My baby s birth weight is 3.65kg. Now he is 20 weeks old and his weight as per today measurement is 6.85kg. When he was born, his weight was above the 50th Line on growth graph. But now his weight is on the margin of 25th. He is breast-fed as well as having a bit of solid food twice a day. How can I do to make sure he gains weight again?
Asked On : Sun, 19 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  23
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
Hi ,
Thank you for your query.
By this time your child should be a bit more than 10 kgs.The nutritional intake seems to be low.The child should at least take 5 solid meals and 3-4 milk feeds and breast feed till 24 months.The meals should include every part of home food available rich in carbohydrate,fat and proteins.Please check your diet plan with a specialist or a dietician if you please.Hope this answers your query.Wishing your child a speedy recovery.Have a nice day.
Answered: Fri, 11 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor