Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

Neck pain when turning head, hot sensation. What is this?

When I turn my head to the right....pressure and pain build up in my upper back on the right side, near the base of my neck . It gets mote painful the more I turn...and culminates into a very painful pop and a burning hot sensation. I ve had this for a year. It started as non painful....just annoying. Now though, as I said, it hurts very bad. Any idea on what this is?
Asked On : Sun, 24 Mar 2013
Answers:  3 Views:  68
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome at HCM.
It looks from your details that you may be having problem of cervical spondylosis.In this there is growth of bones at vertebrae(bone forming spine).This may compress the exiting nerves from spine.At present you may consult to an orthopedic surgeon & should have a x ray of affected part.You may get relief by exercises,which are following-

Hope this all will help you.

With best wishes.

Answered: Tue, 23 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement Dr. K. Naga Ravi Prasad's  Response
Jul 2013
Hi, thanks for writing to HCM.

As you are getting pain only during certain movements of the neck, it could be possibly due to a MUSCLE CATCH or due to IRRITATION OF NERVE in the suboccipital region.

The simplest solution for your problem is to avoid the movements causing you pain.

If your symptoms are worsening over time or is annoying, consult an orthopedic surgeon for evaluation and management.

Hope this information is helpful. Good day
Answered: Tue, 23 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement Dr. Saurabh Gupta's  Response
Feb 2014
Thanks for posting your query.
From descripition neck pain seems to be due to cervical spondolytis . proper clinical examination and xray is required to diagnose the condition.Physiotherapy and exercises will be helpful for the condition.
Hope this will helps you. Feel free to ask me if you have any further queries.
Wish you good health. Take care.
Dr Saurabh Gupta.
Orthopaedic Surgeon.
Answered: Tue, 23 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor