Owl Image

My two year old son has been having ear discharges. What needs to be done?

Dear doctor , My two year old son has been having ear discharges from his left ear since the last two days. It is non-smelly, cream in colour, and gooey in consistency. He has no fever or any other discomfort, except when I try to clear the discharge with an ear bud. He doesn t let me touch the ear, but that s been the case always. I ve never been able to clean his ears, or nose ever since he was born, even while he would be sleeping. So is this the pent up wax coming out or some infection that I need to get treated please? What needs to be done? Smitha R Athani Mumbai
Fri, 22 Apr 2011