Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
161 Doctors are Online

My son had a scaly looking rash on the ball of his foot. Is this sort of rash or something serious ?

Recently, I noticed my son had a scaly (almost blister) looking rash on the ball of his foot. Not messy, just rough skin. Treated him for athletes foot for 5 days. Rash wasn't improving. Thought it was it shoes. Fixed that problem. Then, last night, I saw the rash was kind of brownish now and still scaly. Do you think this is just some sort of rash or something more serious ?
Asked On : Thu, 24 Mar 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  265
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
It may be a local inflammatory reaction. Dermatologist will evaluate it and give you a prescription of ingredients to be used in the cream, this can be got dispensed by your local Pharmacist.
Answered: Thu, 18 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. VIVEK MAJUMDAR's  Response
use moisturisers always
Answered: Thu, 18 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
The blister on your son's foot might be a corn or calluses.
Footwear that is too tight aur exerts friction on some specific spots can cause hardening of skin that leads to corn.
You should not try to peel or shave away the corn at home it may lead to dangerous infection.
u should consult a dermatologist who will prescribe you a keratolytic agent and certain antibiotics.

Answered: Wed, 3 Aug 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor