My pulse rate is 111 is this too fast?

my pulse rate is 111 is this too fast?
Wed, 16 Dec 2009
's  Response
What were you doing at the time when your heart rate was 111?

I took my blood pressure & my numbers were as follows: 114 over 74 & my pulse was 111. I was told that a pulse rate over 90 was bad, it this true and what does this mean. I took my blood pressure after I walked up 1/8 of a mile up a hill. Please explain my numbers.

Im 17. Weigh 105 about 5 5 or 5 4. Couple months ago I wanted to give blood by my pulse was 111 beats per minute so they wouldn t let me give blood. My heart rate is always fast even when I m not doing anything. Right now I m laying in bed and counted my heart rate it s 94 beats per minute. Is this normal?

Today, I had a rather fast heart rate . I m very athletic (Runner, swimmer, cyclist) with a resting pulse of about 60-70. I was on my way to work and my heart rate was more noticeable and when i parked in the parking lot, i checked my pulse. It was at about 140. I went inside to check my blood pressure which turned out normal. Went to the doctors office right away and they performed an EKG witch turned out normal. I don t drink soda/energy drinks/coffee. Why could my pulse be so high?

Recent questions on  Heart rate

Im working out and running and i have asthma is it normal for my heart rate to be a lot faster then everybody else even when not having a attack? i only run for about a minute im doing burst training. my heart rates about 180 when running fast for 1 minute. About 135 or 140 when lifting weights. IS it safe to do so?

im 29 years old and for months now ive been having palpatations, at first they werent bothering me but now they are starting to really bang, i also noticed that when this happens the beat at e apex of the heart stops for a few seconds. I exercise 5 times a week 2 hour sessions. i wear a heart monitor when training and never push more than 85% of my max heart rate. sometimes when having these palpatations they come one after another and can be painful sometimes. my pulse is okay between 60-90 taken at the wrist how ever when i put the heart monitor on it always seems to go between 80-111 without exercise. been to the doctor and he said it was okay recent bloods were okay. Have you any ideas?? i dont drink caffine.

Concerta causes my heart rate to increase to 100-120bpm resting, but it helps me out a lot, is there another medication that has similar pros, but won t increase my heart rate? Don t laugh, but I also have sexual issues on it (e.g. very difficult to stay hard). Any help would be appreciated

my 24 year old son has had recurrent chest pain. He has visited the er on at least 2 occasions for this. THe first visit he had a heart rate in the 30 s with normal b/p readings. He had to wear a heart monitor for 24 hours, apparently with no abnormalities. He has passed out at work before. He generally doesn t feel well. He does take Lithum and is monitored for levels as he has had a critical high level approx. 1 year ago. His blood was drawn last night in the ER and they stated it was abnormal and was being sent away. He is 6 3 , 165lbs and a smoker. Any thoughts would be appreciate. We live in an extremely rural area. Eastern Maine Medical Center in Bangor is 95 miles away. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Janet

My husband had precancerous spot s removed 2 days ago since then he is experiencing chills and low blood pressure along with sweats visited Dr the emergency room that day but was cleared to go home Right now he is chilled again and very nervous

I have been told I have sinus bradycardia and am having symptoms of light headedness, fatigue , confusion, heart palpitations, pulse between 40 and 50 for 5 days. Should I go see my doctor or jusr see if it passes. Why would it get worse as I have...

Hello doctor, I had few conversation with you during last two months.I am in the UK and currently at 35 weeks pregnant. History: two miscarriages, one ectopic and this successful pregnancy is with IVF. I had asked you about B12 deficiency, BPD/AC...