Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

My mother has been diagnosed with TB with chronic anaemia, kindly suggest

My mother whose age is 64 years has been just diagnosed with TB. The reports are all negative. But the doctor says that on basis of the symptoms ( fever mostly in the evening, fluid on right side, pain on movement, frequent urination ) she has to be treated immediately for TB. She has been a patient of chronic anaemia for more than 20 years. Blood transfusion twice. Under Dr. Agarwal's treatment. Other problems - osteoporosis .thyroid disorder.gradual loss of hearing over the years.gastritis n indigestion . Since the reports are all negative and the doc says further blood loss and gastritis is inevitable, we wanted a second opinion. Pl guide on how to go about choosing the doctor among so many. Also on diet and precautions to be taken.
Asked On : Wed, 21 Jul 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  210
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for query,
Without confirmation we should not stat anti TB drugs.
She is also having other problems too.
Consult Physician and get examined and then necessary investigations.
After all reports we can diagnose the condition and then go for proper treatment.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Tue, 6 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor