Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

My latest blood test indicate high level of triglycerides cholesterol, please suggest

my latest blood test indicate high level of triglycerides cholesterol, what medicine is best to lower them my latest blood test indicate high level of triglycerides cholesterol, what medicine is best to lower them
Sat, 19 Dec 2009
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
  User's Response
Actually this depends on what the specific test result numbers are, what are your other health history and conditions. Diet changes are helpful. Low fat, lots of fruits and veggies and protiens. Exercise is also helpful to reduce these numbers. Meds that are possibilities are Lipitor, Vytorin, Zocor and many generic meds. Also there are some homeopathic remedies. You could take Over The Counter: Fish Oil 1000 mg caps. Take 2 caps in the am and 2 caps in the pm. To prevent having a after taste or untasty burp, due to the fish oil, you can keep the bottle of fish oil capsules in the freezer. Then just pull the bottle out of the freezer, take out 2 caps and swallow them with water at a meal time. Also you can take Over the counter: Niacin. Start out at 100 mg and increase the amount to 500 mg, one tablet once a day. (Niacin can make a person have a flush or feel hot. That is why we increase it a little at a time, working up to the 500 mg a day. It is recommended to take this before going to bed. Also if you like you could take a Baby Asprin 81 mg tablet, about 30 minutes before taking the Niacin. This helps with the flushed or hot feeling that many people might have. If this is still bothersome, you could take a regular asprin of 320 mg, 30 min before taking the Niacin.) Also, elevated cholesterol or trigliceride numbers can be an indicator that you might be a diabetic. Ask your doctor about what your blood sugar numbers are. You might need a 2-3 hour glucose study done to check to see if your a diabetic. Do discuss your options with your doctor, to see what is right for you.
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor