What does my blood test report indicate?

Question
I had a blood test on Monday. I had just got home from a vacation in Mexico on Friday where I drank a lot of alcohol. My blood test came back today and they are saying my triglycerides are at 260
Wed, 25 Apr 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Ornela Ademovi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
High fat content in the blood

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concern. Triglycerides are a type of fat in the blood, and at 260 they are on the high range. Provided everything else in your blood test came back normal, high triglycerides are not an emergency and you need to start taking fat lowering medication such as Statins and make adjustments to your diet and life style. High triglycerides put you at risk of heart disease and the sooner you do something about it the better.

Alcohol is a great contributor to the level of fats in your blood, so cutting back on drinking is a good start. Also you need to change your diet so as to get most of your daily calories from fruit and vegetables, reduce meat consumption and avoid processed sugary foods. Exercise and any kind of physical activity is also very helpful.

You need to see a doctor with your test results to get a prescription for a fat lowering medication as a starting point.

Let me know if you have further questions I can answer for you.

Regards.

Follow-up: What does my blood test report indicate? 2 hours later
I have also been having night sweats and looks like allergic reaction on my feet and hands. My lips have also been feeling very dry even with consuming a lot of water.

Answered by Dr. Ornela Ademovi 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please see a doctor at the earliest convenience

Detailed Answer:
In this case, given the additional symptoms that you refer, I recommend you see a doctor for further evaluation. You need a physical check up and additional tests to investigate for a possible infection.

High triglyceride levels are highly unlikely to be related to what you are experiencing right now.

Can you post a photo of the skin rash so that I an better able to help? Meanwhile drink cleaner water.

I hope this helps. Wishing you good health and all the best.