Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

131 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

What does my blood test report indicate?

Answered by
Dr. Ornela Ademovi

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2004

Answered : 613 Questions

Posted on Wed, 25 Apr 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I had a blood test on Monday. I had just got home from a vacation in Mexico on Friday where I drank a lot of alcohol. My blood test came back today and they are saying my triglycerides are at 260
Answered by Dr. Ornela Ademovi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
High fat content in the blood

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concern. Triglycerides are a type of fat in the blood, and at 260 they are on the high range. Provided everything else in your blood test came back normal, high triglycerides are not an emergency and you need to start taking fat lowering medication such as Statins and make adjustments to your diet and life style. High triglycerides put you at risk of heart disease and the sooner you do something about it the better.

Alcohol is a great contributor to the level of fats in your blood, so cutting back on drinking is a good start. Also you need to change your diet so as to get most of your daily calories from fruit and vegetables, reduce meat consumption and avoid processed sugary foods. Exercise and any kind of physical activity is also very helpful.

You need to see a doctor with your test results to get a prescription for a fat lowering medication as a starting point.

Let me know if you have further questions I can answer for you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Ornela Ademovi 2 hours later
I have also been having night sweats and looks like allergic reaction on my feet and hands. My lips have also been feeling very dry even with consuming a lot of water.
Answered by Dr. Ornela Ademovi 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please see a doctor at the earliest convenience

Detailed Answer:
In this case, given the additional symptoms that you refer, I recommend you see a doctor for further evaluation. You need a physical check up and additional tests to investigate for a possible infection.

High triglyceride levels are highly unlikely to be related to what you are experiencing right now.

Can you post a photo of the skin rash so that I an better able to help? Meanwhile drink cleaner water.

I hope this helps. Wishing you good health and all the best.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Skin rash

doctor1 MD


I am a 21 year old. I have been suffering with wrinkles and rashes on glans for the past 1and a half year. I saw a physician who tested my sugar levels ( which came out to be normal). He then said that this might be due some allergy and recommended flutibact gel which i applied for about 3 months and allegra 120 which i had for about 2 months. Around 1 year back, this turned into a skin infection and the physician recommended Candid- b cream. I applied that for about 3 weeks and the infection was gone completely. But the wrinkles (Or rashes)are still there.earlier the rashes were confined to the bottom of the glans Only but now they cover the whole of the glans. I have never any pain, itching or any sort of uncomfortable feeling while urinating or otherwise. Currently the whole of the skin on the glans is loose and the only problem I face is while removing the foreskin which kind of gets stuck on the loose skin but still there is no pain. Please advise

doctor1 MD

21 month old, mild fever for one day, somewhat cranky, red spots (flat not raised) on inside of bottom lip and on tongue, one small pimple like bump above her lip, and a few spread around her body thought it might be hand, foot, and mouth disease but so far nothing besides the flat spots, nothing on feet, palms of hand have some splotchy redness but no bumps

doctor1 MD

My daughter was complaining of feeling sick yesterday and was coughing and acting like she wanted to throw up. She threw up a little last night and is still coughing today. She complained that her face was itchy and I noticed she developed a small rash on her cheek near her eye.

doctor1 MD

My 16 month old has an infected crack on his thumb from thumb sucking. It was red and swollen and had small rashy bumps around it. He received a Rocephin shot in the Dr. office and is now on Keflex for 10 days, this is day 3. The same time this infection appeared, he developed a rash on his feet and legs: red, raised bumps, that do not appear to be bothering him. The rash has now spread to his arms, hands, and face as well. He has also started to have freqent explosive diarrhea that has absolutely NO odor. Could all this be related to the infection? No fever, and the rash started prior to any antibiotic use.

doctor1 MD

I have pain and swelling under my upper arm on both sides. I am 70 female.

doctor1 MD

Dear doctor thanks for your valuable reply however my further query is for last two weeks I have a mild rash under my eye which is persistent and is not going away...I had read somewhere in the webmd website that facial rashes are the first sign...

doctor1 MD

I am getting skin rash after taking Bactrim. Hands, feet. Should I take Benadryl?