Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
167 Doctors are Online

My girlfriend has hypothyroidism problem , when should I need to hospitalise her ?

My girlfriend has hypothyroidism and I need to know when I should take her to the hospital, she is in the middle of having a really bad episode
Asked On : Sun, 3 Jan 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  565
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for query.
Hypothyroidism is a chronic disease in which thyroid gland not functioning appropriate(thyroid harmone decrease).
so you should consult a doctor as early as possible,get her thyroid profile done.because it will affect other harmones and menstrual cycle also.
don't worry.
take iodised salt,and start medicine advice by your doctor.
take care.
Answered: Mon, 22 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. Hypothyroidism is not an episodic condition that occurs in intervals.. It is a chronic condition and some people need to take medications continously everyday. So do not hesitate to have her checked by a doctor for evaluation and treatment..

Answered: Mon, 4 Jan 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor