Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

My father is in advanced stage of throat cancer and food pipe has blocked

sir its urgent my father is suffering from throat cancer advanced stage 84 years old pls help me soon sir
Asked On : Sun, 20 Jun 2010
Answers:  3 Views:  760
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi...Mr.Umangkapoor...I gone through your problem, age is criteria here, and cancer is advanced satage we can do only palliative treatmeni i.e. 1) Intra tubal alimentation...through tube only we can give lequid food..take instructions from good reduce tumor obstruction , while passsing the alimentary tube 2) Parenteral fluid replacement i.e. Saline therapy to maintain fluid balance in the body 3) According to TNM.. classification asses the present position..(T-Extent of primary tumor..,N-Lymphnodal involvement.,M- Metastasis..spreading to other organs ) Surgery and Radiotherapy is not advisable...but some regions .,there are doing Radiotherapy with chemotherapy..,hence don't do your own take advice from Oncologist o.k..,goodluck
Answered: Sat, 22 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. P. Mahesh's  Response
Welcome to HCM.
For blocked food pipe it is necessary to do a surgery and pass a tube across the tumour, so that food may reach the stomach. No major attempt should be made to remove the tumour, which might deteriorate his condition. What he needs is to make arrangements for his sustenance without causing much discomfort to him.
No drastic measures of treatment are required.
Wishing your father all the best.
Answered: Fri, 21 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Visit MEDANTA"THE MEDICITY" A super Speciality Hospital In sec-38 gurgaon where U can get Consultation with Dr ashok vaid(world renowned oncologist And Dr tejinder kataria 9world Renowned breast cancer surgeon )........or visit or call for assistance 09419191439
Answered: Mon, 5 Jul 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor