My doctor has told me I have had a TIA

My doctor has told me I have had a TIA. Just what is it anyways?
My doctor has told me that it is like a mini stroke that distroys some brain cells in a small scale compared to a full stroke. If I had a kind of stroke do I expect more. And why can't it be detected by the same test as a stroke? Finaly what do I do or not do to make things better. I have had cronic head aches for as long as i can remember. I don't have the ussal heard of symtoms like lose of felling or paralist on my left side. I am 52 years old. around 20 pounds over my ideal wight. No hystroy of heart disease
Mon, 14 Dec 2009