What causes cold chills,numbness in extremities and headache?

I am a 31 year old female with a recent history of unusual symptoms including the following: cold chills, numbness in extremities (especially left side) especially hands, arms, legs and feet, cramping in left hand and foot causing hand and foot to turn inward and draw up with toes and fingers crossing over one another. Headaches occasionally with these symptoms, and sometimes diarrhea after one of these spells . I went to the er and they told me I was having symptoms of a TIA or mini stroke. I had an mri which showed nothing serious and the er doctor told me it was possibly a nerve disorder such as lupus or MS and recommended I see a neurologist. I currently do not have insurance and they told me that they could run hundreds of thousands of dollars in tests but without a starting point, it would be very costly and they might not even be able to tell me after that. I was wondering if you could tell me what these symptoms sound like to you?
Tue, 5 Nov 2019
Neurologist 's  Response

You need a detailed evaluation. The most likely condition to exclude would be multiple sclerosis, for which MRI of brain and spine should be done.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Sudhir Kumar, Neurologist