Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

My brother is suffering with Ankylosing Spondylitis from 2 years. Can I ask for a specialized doctor in this field ?

My brother has a desease named Ankylosing Spondilities from d past 2 years,so plz suggest me a doctor specialist in dis kind of spondilities.. 2 yrs.before my brother was having a pain in feets,sacroalliac joints , knee ,and at shoulder after going through all the X-rays and MRIs it has analysed dat he is suffering frm d desease named Ankylosing till now he has nt gotten a proper and Exact Medication..and nw he has having a lot of pain in my feets..So plz suggest me wat to do..and suggest me a docter specialised in dis kind of desease..
Asked On : Fri, 11 Mar 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  125
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, Welcome to Healthcare Magic Forum,
It is a inflammatory Disease which causes the vertebrae in the spine to fuse restricting their movements. You have to consult a Orthopedist for this. The goal of treatment is to relieve pain and stiffness. Physiotherapy would be of great help. Surgery is needed in worst of cases and it not usually recommended. If he is a Smoker, he has to stop it completely.
Answered: Fri, 11 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor