Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Stiffness in Body, I am suffering Ankylosing Spondylitis

Last 10 years I am suffering from Ankylosing Spondylitis , please guide me
Asked On : Wed, 17 Aug 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  270
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response

ankylosing spondylitis is chronic inflammatory condition
rest is best and physiotherapy do well in it
better to consult spine surgeon
operation is the last option .
you can take analgesic tab as required

i hope i answered your question
Answered: Wed, 17 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Ankylosing spondylitis is an autoimmune disease where the spine and large joints of the body get stiff. There is no cure. But you can get relief by pain killer medication, spinal braces. Swimming is the best exercise for this disease and causes great relief. Phenylbutazone is a good drug used in this disease. You need to eat healthy. Do regular exercise. Avoid lifting heavy weights. You may be at risk of eye problems for which you need to also consult Ophthalmologist if you get blurry vision and eye pain. Consult your Rheumatologist for proper management of your condition.
Answered: Wed, 17 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor