Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

My blood sugar level is 18.2 what shall I do ?

my blood sugar level is 18.2 what shall i do?
Asked On : Thu, 17 Dec 2009
Answers:  5 Views:  1258
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  Anonymous's Response

It is very high and you need immediate care. Rush to a Diabetologist.

Answered: Thu, 17 Dec 2009
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Thanks for query,
This level is very high and urgent measures to be taken.
There may be possibility of ketoacidosis is there.
Consult physician and seek his advice.
Perhaps Inj. Insulin may be required.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Fri, 7 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
Cardiologist Dr. Naresh Ruparelia's  Response
Hi well come to HCM.
It is not blood your blood sugar level but could be HbA1c, it is suggestive of uncontrolled and severe DM better you consult your doctor and go as per his advise.
Answered: Fri, 7 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
Hello.Welcome.This level is HbA1c level and is very high.This can be controlled prerly and effectively by injectable insulin only.Consult a physician or diabetologist for titration of proper dose of insulin.Good luck.
Answered: Fri, 7 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
  Anonymous's Response
welcome to healthcare magic
this is high ,,dont panic consult your doctor ,,,but before that drink 2 cup of karela juice for quick relief ,,so that you can easilr reach doctor and consult ..dont worry
take care
Answered: Fri, 7 Oct 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor