Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

My LH and FSH are very low. I am trying to conceive for last one year

Dear doctor I am 28 years married girl i have been completed 3.5 years of marriage and i am trying to conceive for last one year but i am getting failed my husband seman report is right and my gynocologist asked me to do folicular test and HSG test in both tests are no problem but my LH and FSH are very low thats why my period also getting late for 15 days or one month also i am not getting conceive she (doctor) suggest me to take metphormine (glasifase SR Diane 35 and Thyronorm) Is it beneficial for me and can i conceive after this treatment or any other medicine for increasing my LH FSH. Please suggest as soon as possible
Asked On : Tue, 9 Nov 2010
Answers:  4 Views:  352
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to HCM.
Your Doctor has advised the right drugs and you certainly have a good chance of conceiving. Try to time your intercourse in the vicinity of your ovulation. Since periods are delayed by 15 days, ovulation will occur later than usual, i.e around 17th to 22nd day of period.
Wish you all the best.
Answered: Sat, 27 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
Hello.welcome.Since you are taking thyronorm it means you are hypothyroid.Get your thyroid function tests done again to see whether thyroid hormones are normal or not.Till thyroid functions are abnormal it is difficult to conceive.Also look for anemia and get a diagnostic laproscopy done.Good luck.
Answered: Thu, 15 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine Dr. Madhuri Sakhardande's  Response
suggest you to visit an infertility specialist.In such a case ovulation induction will be done by her alongwith giving you HMG injection as your LH/FSH levels are low.Monitor with follicular study.

Dr Madhuri Sakhardande
Answered: Thu, 15 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Khalid Minhas's  Response
Welcome to HCM.
I hope you will be able to conceive soon.You have ask your gynacologist to cure your irregular menses first.We cannot exactly calculate your ovulation day as you have said it is delayed 15 to one month.

Dr.Khalid Minhas
Answered: Sat, 27 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor