Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

My 2 years old male child is unable to walk and speak, he has mild frontal cortex atrophy

i am having a male child he is 2 year old till now he is unable to speak and walk well ,he is doing repeated movement , history -he is aproduct of normal vaginal delevery full term, mother is b trait thalassemia ,anterior fontanell closed by the age of 6 months , brain CT scan reveals mild frontal cortex atrophy , plz advice how can i help my child and what is the wrong with him.thanks
Asked On : Tue, 7 Sep 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  210
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician, Neonatology 's  Response
Mild cortical atropy in 2yr old child is not significant enough to cause this speech, walk and repeated movements problem.
he might have had some problem during birth.
U better go for MRI Brain scan which delineates the findings little more.
Speech therapy, physiotherapy and some drugs are useful
Answered: Thu, 1 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician, Gastroenterology Dr. S. K. Gupta's  Response
AS U SAID FRONTAL ATROPHY,so ur child will learn things by late,u interact ur child as much as u can to enhance his learning,do physiotheray.
Answered: Tue, 30 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor