Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

My 12 year old son got hit in the penis and now it hurts to pee

my 12 year old son just got hit in the penis straight on with a soccer ball. he said there was some blood on his underwear as if he had a cut on the under side and it hurts to pee. it hurts to walk, lie down, and doesn t want to shower because the water will hurt to get it wet. should we be concerned about more than a little bruising? should we take him to dr? in the last two months he broke his foot and had his tonsils out so don t want him to miss any more school.
Asked On : Wed, 26 Jan 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  1773
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
If there is no blackish discolouration of the skin associated with visible swelling then he can be observed. If they are present then he will need to get the haematoma drained to relieve obstruction to urination. You can apply antibiotic ointment to the bruising if it is superficial. You can use cool water which will not hurt him much.If any injury to testis or if he is peeing blood he needs to be seen by the Surgeon to evaluate possible damage. Next time he can wear a groin guard while playing such sports.
Answered: Fri, 19 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor