Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
142 Doctors are Online

Muffled hearing after water went in the ear. Soreness in the ear. How to treat this?

I jumped in a waterfall on holiday a few weeks ago, water went up my nose and my ear felt blocked. My hearing was muffled in this ear for about 5 days and constantly felt filled with water but nothing ever came out. I’ve since forgotten about it however I keep getting a blocked feeling in my ear intermittently and every now and again a pain. It is currently sore to touch on the inside of the ear. Any ideas how I can treat this please? Its only painful to the touch
Asked On : Tue, 8 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  167
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
HI I have gone through your mail and as you said that you have enjoyed water fall few days back there some water had gone to your ears ,none and throat.Now you feel fullness in your ear and you are feeling as something is inside in your ear. After considering your all symptoms I am suspecting that you are having either-Wax ,or Fungus (otomycosis) in your ear. You are advice to consult your because ear examination is must and whatever inside in your ear that should be remove which is possible only by specialist (E.N.T.), if wet wax or fungus is not removed in time that may develop complications. Thanks.
Answered: Wed, 9 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor