Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Mood swings, sudden passing outs after having bypass surgery. Possible causes?

Hi, my aunt just had a bypass operation (on pump, without the hear-lung machine) 1 week ago. She has been irritated and off mood most of the time after the operation and this morning she suddenly fell unconscious. We have taken her to the emergency room and is still waiting for the doctors' findings. I know there must be a lot of possible reasons but i am really worried. Do you have any idea what might have gone wrong?
Mon, 13 May 2013
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

An arrhythmia (irregular rhythm) is most likely
A block or dissection in the graft or native vessel might have resulted in an attack.
The same disease could also affect the brain – Cerebro Vascular accident might have occurred...
Only examination and investigation can tell...

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor