Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Miscarriage due to anemia in the past, medical abortion, injection given. Will conceiving again be complicated due to injection given?

I am married and divorced, during my marriage life I had a miscarriage due to anemia , after the abortion I have been given a injection (I guess it is anti-D) since my husband and my blood group was different. Now my parents are forcing me to get marry again, so if I marry another guy, will there be any effect of that injection which was given after abortion.
Asked On : Sun, 6 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  37
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Pediatrician 's  Response
If it is indeed Anti-D, it is given when the mother is Rh negative. If the fetus is Rh positive mother can get sensitized to the antigen and in case she conceives another Rh positive antibodies from the mother can cross the placenta causing destruction of fetal red blood cells or cause severe anemia and jaundice after birth. Such babies may need exchange transfusion where the baby's blood is removed in small quantities and another compatible blood give. But if she takes Anti-D she will not become sensitized and there will be no problem during next pregnancy or delivery.
Answered: Sun, 6 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]

Related questions you may be interested in


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor