Meningioma, Radio surgery done. Advised craniotomy. How safe is it? recovery time?

Hello there!
I was diagnosed with a meningioma last 2008. I had the radiosurgery done last March 2009. MRI was done every 6 months for one year then every year with no significant changes but my MRI that was done this year recently last 2/21/2013 rebealed an enhancing mass at the left parafalcine vertex is slightly increased in size since the prior exam, measuring 3.5x3.5x2.1cm formerly 3.3x2.4x2.3 cm at a similar level. The mass has broad dural base, compatible with a meningioma. As previous, the mass appears heteregeneous in its superior aspect with GRE hypointensity suggesting a possible calcification. There is a stable degree of mild surrounding vasogenic edema. No new enhancing lesions are visualized.
I am waiting for a neurosurgeon consult. I was told the radiosurgery is ony a one time treatment. If craniotomy is the trreatment option for now, how dangerous the surgery can be? Are there major blood vessels involved in the location of the mass? How fast is the recovery after surgery and what are expected neurological deficits. Please advise, I'm really scared about the surgery. Thank you, appreciate your response.
Mon, 10 Jun 2013