Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Lump under skin. Why does temple feel tender?

I am a 50 year old female. I have a lump under the skin on my left temple about the size of a large pea. I can t hardly feel it until I clench my jaws. I noticed it for the first time about two years ago. It s not sore but of course my temple seems a little more tender on the left. I am 5 4, 125 lbs.and in good health. It seems like it might be growing a bit . Should I be concerned?
Asked On : Sat, 5 May 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  483
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
The lump on the side of your temple which is more prominent on clenching the jaws is likely to be due to a superficial swelling like a lipoma or a sebaceous cyst. A direct examination is the best way to get it diagnosed.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Mon, 8 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Md Akbar Khan's  Response
Good morning mam. If u can tell me sice when u noticed, consistency, alteration in size, skin overswelling, freely mobile or fixed to underlying structures. if it is freely mobile it could be lipoma or abscess. if it is fixed any dental abscess. i think u need worry. signs of alarm are rapid increase in size, getting painful, occasionaly fixed one. if it is red tender than u can have a course of antibiotic. The swelling over that area is of much significance so need not worry. Thank u
Answered: Thu, 4 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor