Lump under ears, swollen lymphnodes, ear ache, lack of sleep. Had anti-depressants. Help?

Hi, a year ago a v small lump appeared in front of my left ear just below jaw. I had real bad earache. I was really ill with an infection if some sort and ended up with two weeks off work as all my glands came up and felt awful. At that time the lump by my ear appeared to be from infection. A year later I still have the lump which has gradually grown. Approx size of a pea under the skin. Numerous trips to GP as pain around my ear became constant. End of jan this year tiny lump appeared same place opposite ear. Had several courses of antibiotics and 2 courses of mild dose of antidepressant to see if this helped the pain over the year. Both times tried drugs for month timespan. Still got the lumps and constant ear ache. Blood tests carried out year ago. Came back fine. Saw ent specialist few weeks ago after getting referred. My ears always clear and free from infection during the year. Loads of sore throats on and off. Thoughts of lump being cyst/ swollen lymph nodes to nothing! Anyway, ent specialist carried out hearing test . All fine. Referred me to TMJ specialist. Saw today. Referred to get ultra sound done on lymph nodes. Jaw is out if line. But the tenderness is more lump than jaw. Referred to physio to try and determine if jaw causing pain or the lymph node. Suspects they are independent but waiting in assessment. Do feel run down. Not sleeping great as earache painful etc. interested to understand thoughts on this and if Experienced anyone else with similar history? I m 40 and v fed up of having constant earache. Thanks carol.
Fri, 2 Aug 2013