Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Lump on upper sternum causing pain, normal X-ray. Second opinion required?

Hello, I found a hard lump on the left side of my upper sternum. It is hard, so it kind of feels like a rib but is painful. I went to a new Dr. and he looked at my like I was crazy and side it was just my rib. He did a chest xray and called me and said the results were normal. But I have never noticed this before and I can feel it and it is different than my other side. Should I get a second opinion? Thanks.
Asked On : Fri, 20 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  116
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Cardiologist 's  Response
Dear patient,

It is always healthy to get a second opinion if you still have remaining questions and doubts about the initial evaluation. It could be a bone callus, a cyst, etc, meaning a benign finding; if it is indeed a benign finding confirmed by another colleague, that will give you more peac of mind. Make sure you bring the x-ray results and other tests to the colleague you visit.

Yours truly,

Dr Brenes-Salazar MD
Mayo Clinic MN
Answered: Fri, 19 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor