Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Lump on back, filled with puss. Family history of such lumps. Solution?

Hello, I m 18 years old and female. For the past few years I ve had a lump on my back that fills with puss kind of like a back head. It s never give me grief but the last few weeks its became sore and hurts a lot. I squeezed it this morning and it went down a little, I ve got home today and its swole right up so I ve had to squeeze it again and there was a lot of puss. It s still very tender and the lumps reduced in size. I m not sure what to do about it. My dad has the same also my mothers dad has it but theirs don t hurt.
Asked On : Sun, 13 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  15
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
hi dear....
this is an infected sebaceous is painless untill it get infected.complete surgical excision along with the capsule of the cyst is the treatment...
Answered: Tue, 23 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor