Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Lump behind right ear, growing in size, pain on touching. History of PCOS. Sebaceous cyst formation?

I have a small lump that has formed behind my right ear. It started off as small, but overnight it has grown in size and feels fairly painful to the touch. I initially thought it was a spot and tried to squeeze it, to no avail. I m wondering if it is a sebaceous cyst . I was diagnosed with PCOS in my teenage years. I m a 24 year old. I was once diagnosed with a chalazion under my left eye, which has since minimised in size. What should I do?
Asked On : Sat, 8 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  102
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
From history it seems that you might be having infected Sebaceous cyst or enlarge painful lymph nodes.
Go for one antibiotic and anti-inflammatory medicines for 3 days.
If recurrence is there in future then get it excised with sac.
Ok and take care.
Answered: Mon, 14 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor