Is there any side effects for Flutivate Cream?

Hi, I have undergone a scar excision surgery near the lower eyelid. I was suggested to use Flutivate Cream to reduce the pigmentation. Please suggest whether to use Flutivate Cream around the eye as it is a Streriod and could cause any side effects.
Mon, 8 Aug 2016
Flutivate contains fluticasone which is topical corticosteroid. It works by reducing skin inflammation. Steroids are not recommended to be applied to the face for prolonged periods. Potent and very potent corticosteroids are recommended to be used under specialist supervision. Long-term continuous topical steroid therapy can produce atrophic skin changes such as thinning of the skin, irreversible striae and telangiectasia, and even adrenal suppression and Cushing’s syndrome. Contact dermatitis, irritation at site of application, spread and worsening of untreated infection, perioral dermatitis, acne/worsening of acne, reversible depigmentation and hypertrichosis are other local side-effects. So I suggest you to use only for short term. Do not use continuously for long term.
Thanks