Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Lower right abdominal pain, brown vaginal discharge, delayed periods cycle. Causes for symptoms?

hi.. m 22 years old.. I hav this certain lower right abdominal pain for a week now.. I had my last period start on 12 Jan and ended 18 th then I got some discharge which was not a normal period but brown in color it started on 28 th and tendency on 30 .. please help as am now having this lower right abdominal pain which comes and goes.. I have not got my periods yet..
Asked On : Sun, 17 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  141
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi and thanks for the question,
the commonest cause of absence of periods or amenorrheoa in females of reproductive age is a pregnancy. If you have had at risk sexual intercourse within the period, it shall be worth doing a pregnancy. This shall be important in eliminating other differential diagnosis like an ectopic pregnancy.

Brown vaginal discharge on its own could be some rare menses, which i common in females of your age, or as you describe, due may be fowl smelling nature might need further investigations.

A vaginal swab with direct microscopy, culture and sensitivity tests shall be important in diagnosis given causative agents and possible antibiotics that might eliminate them. Right lower abdominal pain could arise from gynecologic as well as non gynecologic causes. An ectopic pregnancy, ruptured ovarian cyst or appendicitis are commonly found diseases that need to be eliminated in the firs place.
Doing an abdominal ultrasound shall be a key tools to put things together.
I suggest you book an appointment with the gynecologist for a proper evaluation, clarification and drawing up of an appropriate and adequate management plan. Avoiding unprotected sex during this period, if you are sexually active, could be crucial in preventing sexually transmitted infections, in case found to be transmitted to or from a partner. Couple consultations in such cases might be the ideal situation.

Thanks as I wish you the best of health,
Luchuo, MD.

Answered: Mon, 18 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

4 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor