Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

159 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest treatment for hernia in the abdomen

Feb 2018
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 1984
Answered : 16295 Questions
i have had 4 hernia surgeries in 18 mos. one was a triple and the other a single. now i feel another in the upper abdomen. i had surgery 20yrs ago for ovarian cancer (hysterectomy). a i also had another surgery 3 mos later to remove the( omentum ) pardon the spelling but i believe u know what i am talking about. this would prevent anymore cancer cells to develop. at this time i feel another hernia has developed. i wonder if this is a problem w/ the mesh that was placed to hold back the hernias. how many more do you think i will develop?? i hope there will be an end to this. Thank you, xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx.

Sat, 24 Mar 2018 in Lump
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please give additional information.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query.
Noted the history well and understood the concerns.
Please do a simple test yourself and let me know the findings:
Put a flat of palm on the supposedly site of hernia and cough hard; please check if there is any increase in bulge or what we call as impulse on coughing and another finding is whether this is reducible that is goes back to abdomen on putting a pressure.
Where exactly is the new site where you are feeling that hernia is developing?

Mesh is put to strengthen the tissues hence do not cause hernia although hernia can develop by its side. And upper mid-line hernia is known to occur but other parts in upper abdomen usually do not have hernia.

Awaiting for your feedback.
With Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a General Surgeon