Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Lower back pain, pain in side, cramps. History of incompetent cervix. Should I see doctor?

I've been having lower backpain and almost a constant ache on my left side, and period-like cramps. Tomorrow marks my 37th week of pregnancy, I was taking the 17p shot due to my first child being born at 27 weeks because of an incompetent cervix. Now with the second I haven't had any cervical issues last Friday I hadn't dialated yet but it was the first week I was off the 17p shot. Should I see my OB? Could I be in labor?
Asked On : Sat, 20 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  30
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Increased tightening of the abdomen associated with backache and vaginal discharge along with spreading of the pain into the thighs indicate the onset of true labor. With your past history and your present symptoms, it looks like you are in pre-labor and you should report the matter to your obstetrician and get an admission if needed. You need not worry if you should deliver now as your baby is mature. Good luck.
Answered: Sun, 21 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor