Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Lower back pain, horseshoe kidneys. Should i consult a doctor?

I ve been having lower back pain recently, right above my hip on my right side. This is also the side where I have horseshoe kidneys. I was wondering if I should go see my doctor, or if it could be something serious.
Asked On : Fri, 23 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  180
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Urologist 's  Response
Thanks for your query

I would like to know whether your back pain is dull or severe, constant or intermittent.
If you had such pain before i would advise you to get an ultrasound scan done and meet your local urologist.
Horseshoe kidneys may occasionally have some obstruction or stones and these are usually detected on ultrasound.
I hope i have answered your query.
I will be happy to answer any follow-up queries that you may have.
Dr Vineet Malhotra
Answered: Fri, 23 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor