Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Knee injury, large swollen spot below kneecap, can stand, move around normally. Treatment?

I hurt my knee while wrestling with a friend. It s was very painful on the inside of my jeans, like a rug burn . When I took my jeans off to look for scrapes, I found a very large swollen spot on the inside part of my left knee, slightly below the knee cap. It doesn t hurt much other than the rug burning sensation, but the swelling is very concentrated in that one spot; looks very strange to me. I can stand, walk and move around normally.
Asked On : Sun, 4 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  80
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014
Thanks for posting your query.

It might be soft tissue injury or infrapatellar bursitis.

Examination of swelling and knee is necessary to reach the diagnosis.

I suggest you to consult an orthopaedician nearby for a detailed examination and treatment plan according to that.

Dr Saurabh Gupta
Orthopaedic surgeon
Answered: Sun, 4 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor