Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Knee dislocated after an accident. Why is the pain fluctuating?

Hi im ravi here (age- 38)i met with a bike accident 7 yrs ago... that time my knee got dislocated and after some time everything was ok.... but when i tried to run or some time accidently my knee getting dislocated and gives pain..... this happens when i my leg getting twisted accidently.... that time i fall down and pain.... after some time the pain goes off and i could walk normally..... now i would like to play badminton...... pls suggest me the best way to avoid this.
Asked On : Sat, 8 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  18
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014
Hi ravi,

You might be suffering from lax knee due to ligament tear around knee.
To confirm this knee examination and knee stress test to be done and if they come positive then a MRI may be required.
According to clinical exam, MRI finding , and your activity level further treatment plan can be decided whether physiotherapy or surgery is required.

I hope this answers your query effectively.
Answered: Sat, 8 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor