Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
186 Doctors are Online

Knee bruise, lump under knee. Surgery done, cartilage removed, ACL reconstructed. Treatment?

I had a surgery on my knee about two years ago. I had half of my cartilage removed, and my acl reconstructed using some of my hamstring tissue after a sports injury . I have been working my leg at the gym as I find since the surgery and even physiotherapy , it is always slightly weaker than my other leg. A bruise, that I believe just came out of no where has appeared on my knee scar. It is tender to the touch, and my knee is just a little ache out of the norm. But, nothing at all bad. It really only hurts when I touch it. But my main concern is not the bruise, but this little ball I can feel under it, now. Again, though, only when I touch and poke at it is it only slightly painful. Thank you.
Asked On : Sat, 21 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  226
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
I would recommend you to show to doctor who has operated you.I think what seems to you a swelling like a ball is screw head or sutures which is applied to hold the ligament. It can be some collection also. Your doctor will be able to explain you about that. As far as weak leg is concerned it is due to lack of physiotherapy and it will be there till you will not strengthen your muscles. You can take help from physiotherapist.
Answered: Tue, 8 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor