What causes pain in the buttocks while walking despite negative test results?

Posted on Thu, 26 Apr 2018 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: I am facing some problem from past 4 years. I consulted Ortho, Neuro regarding pain at my buttock while walking. Even some time when i am at my bed to stood up also i am getting pain. I done with my blood tests/MRI scanning Doctors said nothing found everything alright. But my pain is not regular. When it will come and go also i can't predict.
Answered by Dr. Nagamani Ng 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Piriformis syndrome

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thanks for posting the query,

The symptoms according to my opinion could be due to piriformis syndrome. The basic treatment for this condition is piriformis stretch and hamstring stretch exercises. You can search for the video of exercises and do them for 5 seconds each. An alternate heat and cold fomentation will also relieve the pain.

But if the pain is very severe you'll have to get an piriformis injection by talking to your orthopedic doctor.

Any issues do follow up.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Nagamani Ng 3 hours later
Hi Dr. Nagamani,

Thanks for the reply, after seeing images and videos i am feeling it may be piriformis syndrome. But i am not feeling the pain regularly or severe. Sometimes it is very difficult to walk also. Is any permanent solution for this. Definitely will follow the exercises too.
Answered by Dr. Nagamani Ng 20 hours later
Brief Answer:
Try with exercises

Detailed Answer:
Hi
As you are not having too much severe pain or persisting for long time i suggest you to try with the exercises as of now. If still the pain is persistent as i told you piriformis injection will be the long term relief treatment. They'll inject corticosteroids directly to muscle to reduce inflammation or any muscle tension.

Any issue do follow up.
Dr. Nagamani Ng