Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

Joint pain and vaginal bleeding, please help

Hi, I have a query, My mother is 52 years old and she is been having irregular periods and heavy bleeding . She has some clots too. She is now complaining of joint pain, like pain while climbing stairs and also wrist pain. What may be the cause ?
Asked On : Sat, 28 Aug 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  213
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Radiologist 's  Response
Hi Vaibhav!
Your mother is attaining or nearing menopause.Still better she is advised to undergo a pelvis scan to rule out other causes of abnormal bleeding at this age.
As far as the joint pains are concerned it looks like Osteoarthitis/age related joint pains.Still better take a xray of wrist and hip joint to assess joint space, cartilage etc...Treatment may vary from rest, pain killers ,physio exercises to surgery in advanced cases.
Answered: Tue, 1 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor