Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Itchy painful rashes on the shin. Treated with liposil. Rash spreading to the breast. Chances of inflammation?

Hello Dr. Grief,
I have an itchy, sometimes painful rash on my right shin. It is red and there are some raised areas. It takes up a good portion of the shin from ankle to knee. I have had it for months and have treated it with an anti-fungal cream (Liposil) which had some calming effect but did not eliminate it. The rash, at least I think it's the same thing, seems to have spread to my left breast and under the arm. It has also spread to my neck. It is primarily itchy but there is certainly some discomfort in the leg and the breast and the breast appears swollen and I can feel what might be ligaments under the skin that have possibly become inflamed. Any insights would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Asked On : Tue, 23 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  69
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi welcome to healthcare magic'
you probably are suffering from eczema.
In my clinic i would recommend use of steroid creams along with oral anti histaminic drugs like methyle prednisolone or diflocortilone cream and levo citrizine tab.
do consult with your doctor before starting any medication.
hope that answers your question.
Dr Nuzhat tirmizi
Answered: Thu, 13 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor