Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Itching scaly skin on the scrotum, kindly suggest remedies

My husband has scaly skin on his scrotum , which he is constantly scratching. The skin flakes and sometimes he even scratches to the point of bleeding . It does not affect his penis, or anything else. He s too embarrassed to ask anyone about it, but it s killing his sex drive and I want it fixed! Is there anything we can do to fix it at home? He s tried jock itch creams, but they don t seem to help other than some soothing the itch briefly, and others even make it worse.
Asked On : Fri, 11 Mar 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  775
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Its looking like he is having candida infection of scrotum.One point should be noted that it is yeast infection and yeast infection will not go away unless or until both partners are treated .Because there occur re infection from other sex partner.Both of you should apply CANESTEN 7 ointment for 7 nights.
Answered: Fri, 11 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Gaurang Krishna's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic
Your husband is suffering from scrotal lichen simplex chronicus.
Start using clobetasol ointment twice daily and atarax 25mg once at night. ask him to break the itch-scratch-itch cycle. he may use coconut oil or vaseline if there is an itch sensation. he will be benefitted after 3-4 weeks of therapy.
Answered: Fri, 11 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor