• question-icon

Is there chances of rib cage fracture due to severe hit?

I was hit in the right side of my rib cage. I was hit so hard that the wind was knocked out of me and blood vessles broke in both eyes. I have severe pain in the area where I recieved the trama. the pain is so intense when I sneeze or cough. If I lay flat I can feel something swollen and hard located around the bottom of the rib cage. Sometime when I breathe I can also fell or hear a clicking noise in the rib area. I am not sure if I should seek medical attention because people say that there is nothing you can do for a fractured rib. What is your opinion?
Mon, 17 Dec 2018

It is better to consult a general surgeon and plan for an X-ray chest to rule out a fracture.

In your case fracture is unlikely and most probably it will be a contusion only.

As of now, you can use analgesics/anti-inflammatory combination like Aceclofenac/Serratiopeptidase for symptomatic relief.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Shinas Hussain, General & Family Physician