• question-icon

What causes shortness of breath post an accident?

Posted on Thu, 24 Nov 2016 in General Health
Question: Dear Dr. Sharka,

I wanted to thank you again for all your thoughts on my shortness of breath/possible heart issues. I met with my pulmonary doctor yesterday...Dr. Khilnani...he is very caring and going to get to the bottom of this. Having RA can cause lung issues as you know but whatever I have accelerated after being hit by the car. My blood pressure yesterday was 98/60 and oxygen during the day was 91 with being 85-88 at night. He ordered a pulmonary function test and high resolution cat scan with contrast. Dr. Khilnani does not believe it is related to the concussion but possible chest trauma...he also wants to rule out a blood clot.
I cannot thank you enough...you are a wonderful physician...I consider you my friend. When I get time, I will post a review for you, XXXXXXX Loudon
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
I agree with all the tests recommended by your attending physician.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

I am glad to have been helpful to you!

I agree with your doctor on performing further investigations regarding your lungs (including all the above mentioned tests).

It is true that a blood clot should also be ruled out as a possible cause of all this clinical scenario, besides possible lung damage related to the chest trauma.

I would be happy to review all your test reports, if you can upload them after the results for a second professional opinion.

Let me know about everything!

I remain at your disposal for any other uncertainties!

Wishing all the best,

Dr. Iliri
Follow up: Dr. Ilir Sharka 23 hours later
Thank you...I will send you the test results when I have them...all the best, XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome!

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

I would be happy to review all your uploaded tests for another professional opinion at any time!

Let me know about everything!

Dr. Iliri
Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiologist