Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
142 Doctors are Online

Is there any treatment other than IVF to get pregnant if I have high progesterone ?

my progesterone is 72 my doctoer wont give me clomid as it will give me false hope why is that Hi im 36,4years ago i had a laparoscopy & dye put through my tubes & found out i had a patent left tube & my right tube is progesterone levels were 72,i asked the doctor at the time if i could have clomid & they refused as it would give me false hope? how would it give me false hope?i have a 14 yr old daughter ffrom a previous husband & would love another child,ive done ovulation tests & they dont show when im ovulating :( the hospital said i can get pregnant on my own but may take longer,& the doc said my only chance is ivf which we cant afford,i feel like my time is running out & nobody will try & help husband & i have been trying about 6months now,my periods are 28-35 thinking of going to get a 2nd opinion ...any advice is very much appreciated..thanks for taking time to read this.. :)
Asked On : Mon, 9 May 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  98
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi,thanks for query.You should take second opinion.You have got all right to know about your test results and planning of treatment.You should discuss this with your doctor.Clomid is given to induce ovulation in cases where there is no ovulation.Once you are already pregnant in past your chances of pregnancy are good as major things are ruled out.Please take a opinion,you should become pregnant.Bye.
Answered: Mon, 9 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor