Owl Image

Is there any treatment other than IVF to get pregnant if I have high progesterone ?

my progesterone is 72 my doctoer wont give me clomid as it will give me false hope why is that Hi im 36,4years ago i had a laparoscopy & dye put through my tubes & found out i had a patent left tube & my right tube is fine..my progesterone levels were 72,i asked the doctor at the time if i could have clomid & they refused as it would give me false hope? how would it give me false hope?i have a 14 yr old daughter ffrom a previous husband & would love another child,ive done ovulation tests & they dont show when im ovulating :( the hospital said i can get pregnant on my own but may take longer,& the doc said my only chance is ivf which we cant afford,i feel like my time is running out & nobody will try & help me..my husband & i have been trying about 6months now,my periods are 28-35 days..im thinking of going to get a 2nd opinion ...any advice is very much appreciated..thanks for taking time to read this.. :)
Mon, 9 Jan 2012