Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

Is there any treatment for hair growing ?

Hi , Im 27 year old.I lost 40% of father is also bald.could you please suggest a treatment to gain the hairs back. Thanks venkatesh
Asked On : Fri, 4 Mar 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  327
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic. It looks like male pattern baldness. Male pattern baldness is usually an inherited trait and men start losing hair at an early age leading to extensive baldnesss. Since the nutritional deficiency is also a common cause of hairloss, patient is required to take food rich in protien, vitamins(mainly vit A and vit C) and other micronutrient like zinc, iron and copper.

Medicines which are useful are minoxidil and finasteride. Finally one can resort to hair transplantation also.
Hope it helps you. Regards.

Answered: Fri, 4 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Gaurang Krishna's  Response
hello venkatesh,
your condition is called androgenetic alopecia or male pattern baldness. it is a fairly common problem.
start tugain 5% lotion 1ml twice daily over the scalp and finax 1mg tablet once daily. Revert back after 3 months of treatment. You may also consider hair restoration surgery for faster results.
Answered: Fri, 4 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Bharat Chawda's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum,
Venkatesh,this type of hair loss is called androgenetic alopecia....Tablet and lotions take long time to work in such a case and would only work if you have fine hair left on scalp.The result of medicines in such cases is temporary.If you have completely lost hair and baldness is visible then no cream or lotion or tablet would work.Then the only thing which would work is HAIR TRANSPLANTATION.In such cases we take a thin strip of hair from back of your scalp and section it in to small hair follicles .This is then implanted on the bald patch.This would then grow long and thick.We've been doing this since last 12 yrs with great result.You can get details in the section).
take care,
Answered: Fri, 4 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor